Garage Opener White Plains
Whether you are considering installing new garage opener in Scarsdale, or roll up gate repair Bronx NY, you will find this article helpful. A good and reliable garage door opener - from a leading manufacture - is the key to a garage door that will service you properly for many years. And in case you are using your garage door few times a day, the importance of choosing and investing in strong and reliable garage opener become much more important. Just like the garage doors and the gates we supply and install in Westchester County, J and C Garage Doors believe that in the long run, quality will turn to be wise investment. And purchasing a new garage door opener is something worth investing, since it will serve you for many years.
Before you buy a new opener
There are several different types of garage door operators, and since purchasing a brand new garage door operator is something that we should do once, without having to deal with it again for the next twenty years or even more, it is strongly recommended to invest some more money, and in return to have a garage opener which is going to close and open the door to our garage in White Plains every time we need it to do so.
But many of us don’t really know what kind of opener they need, which of the garage opener brands offer high quality openers, and is it even possible to install an opener in to operate their garage door in White Plains automatically. Below we will try and shed some lighting relating to the subject, and try to assist you choose the right opener for your garage door.
Before you go forward and get in touch with a garage door supplier near White Plains, Whether for a new garage door opener, or for a brand new garage door installment, please read our recommendations, explanations and tips, so you will purchase something, that with little more knowledge of the subject, you could buy better.
Is it a fresh opener installment?
There is a difference between a new opener installment, and an opener replacement. When you replace an opener, you remove the old one and install a new motor. But when it is a brain new garage opener installment in White Plains, and there was never an opener before, you first need to make sure that it is even possible to install a new opener.
The first thing you need to check is if there is electricity in the garage at all. Not every garage in White Plains has electricity, and it is impossible to install a new motor without electricity. If there is no electric power to your garage in White Plains, you will need to contact an electrician in White Plains first.
The second thing is the structure and the way the garage is built. There is a certain space which is required to install a garage door opener in White Plains. And in some cases, the installment may require additional modifications to make the installment passable. So if you never had an opener before, it is not obvious that it is going to be possible to install a new opener.
But after many years of servicing overhead doors in White Plains, including repair and installment of garage openers, there is no problem that we cannot overcome, since when it comes to garage door services, whether it is a garage door opener repair in Pelham Manor, or a gate repair in Yonkers, we can fix it, and we can do that today.
What opener manufacture?
There are plenty garage door brands in the industry. Some offer high quality openers, and some offer low quality openers. The truth is that the difference in prices is not as big as the difference between the qualities, and with investment of 5-25 % more, you can buy one of the best openers in the world. We supply high quality garage motors in White Plains, like Liftmaster garage opener, which considered to be strong and reliable, and when being used properly, can last for thirty years and more.
If you wish to read about the garage door openers brands, you can read the post written by us, which offer general survey of the garage door openers and kinds. But to make it short, we believe the Liftmaster openers are considered to be strong and reliable openers, what make them our favored opener manufacture to work with. And after 20 years in the garage door industry, and after numerous garage door repairs in White Plains, we know why choose to recommend that particular brand to all our customers in White Plains.
What type of opener is the best for me?
You can find three main types of openers in White Plains, Chain, Belt and screw drive opener, We would like to examine the first two, since we almost never install the screw drive opener, which will be a good choice for do-it-yourself Garage door opener repair in White Plains,
The chain drive opener from Liftmaster is probably our best seller in White Plains, and not for nothing, It is strong, reliable, simple to function, and can easily last for more than 15 years, But another significant parameter why we love this opener, is its relatively low cost, which give you a great return for the investment, That why it is our first choice, and we proudly offer supply and installment of Liftmaster garage openers in White Plains,
Our second best seller opener in White Plains NY is the Lift Master Belt drive opener, This electric motor has all the qualities of the chain drive opener, with yet another important feature, it is extremely silent, If it is important for you that door to your garage in White Plains work silently, you may want to consider purchasing the Belt-Drive opener, It is a bit more expensive than the chain drive opener, but in exchange you will get many years of silently operating garage door,
In terms of strength, it is identical to the chain drive opener, but the fact that it is so silent that makes it our second best seller in White Plains NY,
Do I need safety sensors for garage in White Plains?
Without a doubt you do, and you must! It is required by a federal regulation, which say that every motor driven overhead door will include a safety feature such as the safety sensors. The safety sensors can save life, and just for that single time when an item, or someone will be at the closing door’s path, and the safety sensors will save him, worth to have them. Do not even consider ignoring the safety sensors installment, we are going to repeat it: Every motor driven garage door must include a safety feature.
In case you will purchase a new opener by yourself, and not use the services of a trained garage door opener company in White Plains, you should make sure that the kit include safety sensors, which should be installed correctly, so they will be able to do their job and protect objects from being hit by a closing garage door.
Opener Troubleshooting White Plains
In case you garage electric operator do not open or close the door, it may be caused by a number of reasons. From an issue in the garage door itself, through safety sensors troubleshooting, to broken gear, there isn’t always one universal option exactly why the opener stopped working.
When it comes to garage door opener repair in White Plains, there are many problems that you can repair on your own, and there are problems that require a skilled technician that know how to fix garage door openers in White Plains. We would like to go over some of the well-known opener issues, and help you with garage door opener troubleshooting.
But before we begin, we will repeat what we said before: Your garage door in White Plains should work perfectly manually to be able to be connected to an electric opener. If the door is not functioning flawlessly that when you use it manually, you should repair the problem/s before attaching the opener to the door.
- The remote control (Clicker) is not functioning: If the Push Button or the Key-pad ( The wall switch ) of your garage door in White Plains is working , but the remote is not , you either need to replace the batteries of the remote , or to reprogram the remote and sync with the motor . You can either get it done on your own, or get in touch with us for same day garage door repairs in White Plains NY.
- The door go down only part of the way, and then reverse: This is often a symptom of a safety sensors issue. If when you are holding the wall switch the door is closing flawlessly then you may need to adjust or repair the safety sensors. Often someone accidently moved one of the safety sensors from where it is installed, and by that caused to the invisible laser beam between the sensors to break. All you have to do is to bring the safety sensor back to its location, and it may eliminate the problem. If that did not solve the problem, J and C Garage Doors of White Plains will come and fix it for you today, since overhead doors and roll down gate repairs is what we do.
- No reaction, sound or lights when trying to use the opener: You may not have power to the outlet. Check if there is power in the outlet. If there is no power, use a licensed electrician in White Plains to fix the problem. If that did not solve the problem, contact J and C Garage Doors.
- The opener works, but there is no light: If there is no light (Although there used to be light) may simply need to replace the light bulb (Make sure you are using the kind which is recommended by the manufacture).
- The garage opener is making grinding noise, but the door is not moving: In that case the gear may broke and need to be replaced. You can purchase the gear and replace it by DIY, or you can contact a local garage door company in White Plains. Replacing the gear is not always the best option. If the opener is too old, you may want to consider replacing it.
- The garage door is not shutting completely: If the opener does not close the door completely, or if the door is stop in open position which is too low, you probably need to adjust the travel limits. Check the guide book for guidance, or get in touch with a local garage doors supplier in White Plains.
Garage door spring White Plains, New York
Call Now: 914-364-6700