Lift Master Opener Repair
After many years in the overhead doors industry, we do not think that there is a kind of type of opener that we did not see, repaired, replaces, installed and adjust. If you search and investigate, you will find that there are many kinds of openers in the market, when each one of the manufactures will declare that they offer the best openers, in terms of strength, long lasting and warranty.
We can say that after countless openers repair and installation, our preferred brand, that we consider to be from the kind that can easily last 15 years and up, and that is easy to install, program and maintain, is the openers created by Lift Master. It does not matter if it is their chain drive opener, their belt drive opener, ½ Horse power, or the ¾, their openers are from the kind that you can trust to do the job for many years, and that will never require from you to come back to the customers place once you completed the installation.
Lift Master Opener Installation
An important part of perfectly working opener, is the installation. To get a Lift Master opener is not enough. You can go and purchase the best opener in the American market, but if you will decide to install it by yourself without the proper tools, or use the services of a handyman which is not a licensed and experienced overhead doors technician, you will not get the full potential that such a high quality opener can produce.
We always say that a professional technician will avoid even trying to install the opener if he predict complications. A non-professional installer will start the installation, just to find at later point that he miss an important part, or in some cases, that a Lift Master opener, or any other opener cannot be installed in this particular garage.
Lift Master Chain drive opener
The Lift Master chain drive opener is probably our best seller, and it is our first recommendation. It is a strong opener, reliable, relatively easy to install, and with the right treatment, it can serve you for more than 15 years.
The Lift Master chain drive opener work with a steel belt (Like a motorcycle chain) which is moving by the opener. And while moving along the rail, it move the trolley which is connected to the door itself, open and close the door whenever it is required.
The chain drive motor does not require a lot of maintenance, and basic garage door maintenance every 6 months will definitely protect it, improve the way it is working, and will ensure that the opener will continue to work for many more years.
Lift Master belt drive opener
This is the opener for the people who want their garage door opener to be as silent as possible. If you garage is located above the bedroom, the living room, or even the kitchen. If it is important for you to have a silently operating garage door, you should choose the belt drive opener.
At the same time, some people prefer to hear every time that someone use their garage door, and for those people we will recommend to stick to the chain drive opener.
Another feature of the Lift Master opener is a battery backup. It is recommended for garages that does not have an access beside the garage door itself, and in case there is a problem with the electricity, they still want to be able to open and close the door using the Lift Master opener. The Battery backup is charging until it is full, and when it is needed, it provide you the needed energy to open and close the garage door even if there is no electrify.
We provide garage door opener repairs in Westchester New York. From Lift Master opener service, to new opener installation, with our same day service, someone will be there today.
Lift Master Safety Sensors
The next sentence apply for all openers’ brands, whether it is a Lift Master opener in Woodland Hills California, or a different garage door opener in Brooklyn New York, Every garage door opener should include a safety feature! This is not an option, there is no yes or no here, this is according to a federal law!
The safety sensors are there for a reason, for your protection. Think about the seat belt in your car, the car will drive the same whether you use it or not, but in case of an accident, you will be less protected. And the same goes for the safety sensors. They have no part in operating the door, but they are there for safety. In case a child, a pet, your car, or anything else will be left under the door when it closing.
To prevent the door from closing when the path isn’t clear, the safety sensors sense that something is on the way, and they will signal to the opener that closing the door now, mean hurting someone or damaging something.
There are ways to get over the requirement for safety sensors. But doing so is breaking the law, so we will not explain about that, and we will advise you to avoid doing so as well, and if someone offer you such a solution, you should refuse!
Lift Master opener troubleshooting
Even the strongest opener need some maintenance and adjustments. Not every problem require a new opener, but at the same time, not every problem that can be repaired will always be the best decision. We use our many years’ of experience in the Lift Master repair field, to determine whether to repair or replace the opener with a new unit.
The opener does not respond at all
If the remote, the key pad and the push button doesn’t trigger any response, it is possible that you have a problem with the electricity. Look at the opener and search for a light. If there is no light, check if there is electricity, if not contact an electrician to repair the problem.
The remote control doesn’t open the door
If just the remote control doesn’t open and close the door, then it may be for few reasons: The first, is the Battery of the remote is dead, and need to be replaced. The second, is that the opener is in locked position. And the third, the remote may need to be reprogrammed.
The opener does not close or open the door all the way
It may be due to travel limits issue, or you may have a problem with the opener’s gear.
The door close partly, and then stop and open again
This may be due to a safety feature problem. The safety sensors may be damaged, not aligned, the wire which connect them to the motor may be cut. The solution is to repair the problem, so the opener will close the door again.
Lift Master opener DIY
If you decided to install or repair the opener by yourself, there are few things you should know.
- Make sure that the opener can be installed. If this is the first time you install an opener, and there was never an opener before that you are trying to replace, confirm that the installation is even possible. There are cases when it is impossible to install a new opener (If there is a beam at the rails path etc…).
- Make sure that the door is working perfectly manually, and never expect the opener to force a door to open and close. The opener, whether it is a Lift master opener, or any other brand, does not supposed to do most of the lifting, and a safe garage door should work even without the opener.
- Plan the installation. Make sure that you have all the parts, the tools and that the path for the opener and the rail is clear.
- The Lift Master opener manual was written by the people who created the opener, and they wrote the instructions to allow you to use the opener in the best and safest way. Follow the instructions, and make sure that the opener is installed the right way.
- Use the right tools. There is a nice article written by Matalonco Garage Doors, regarding garage door repair DIY. Do not try and improvise, there are certain tools which are needed, to complete the job, and to do it on the safe side.
- Search and learn about the garage door. The garage door works in a certain way, and trying to install a new opener, when you do not know how the garage door works can be dangerous.
- Avoid risks and ask. Do not assume or guess, a garage door job can be dangerous. If you are not sure about anything, contact a garage door company in Westchester, or contact Lift Master for assistance.
- Safety before anything else. No garage door repair worth that you will put yourself, or your family at risk. If you are not sure, or you think that you need help, do not hesitate, and get a garage door technician to assist you.
J&C Garage Doors And Gates offer same day garage door opener repair service in Westchester New York. Contact us today, and get a new opener installed today!